Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Treadmills

I don't know what it is about me. Is it just me? Why do I have such a hard time running on the treadmill? Yesterday it was after 7pm before I could get to the gym and I didn't have my Garmin on me, so I decided just to stay in the gym and stomp out 2 to 3 miles. I think I honestly have a mental block against treadmills. Every run I try is the hardest run I've ever done. Yesterday was no different. It took everything I had to make it to 2.75 miles. I never wanted to quit so bad in my life. My calves hurt and my arches were sore - I was miserable! I have no idea how to get around this. I feel like I do more harm to my legs when I'm on the treadmill and I'm definately much more sore the next day than when I run outside. When I run outside, my body is just peaceful. Nothing screams or yells and recovery is easy. It's supposed to rain for the next 3 days here, so what's a treadmill-hating girl supposed to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment