Friday, January 8, 2010

Morning: No

So I didn't stick with the plan. My alarm went off yesterday morning and I thought about getting up to run, but it was raining. Cold and rain are horrible together. I don't mind running in the rain when it's warm outside, but I wasn't about to be cold and wet. So I said "forget that" and went back to sleep. However, I did scrounge up the courage to put my feet on the treadmill yesterday afternoon. I wanted to run outside, but it was just too windy. I don't know if you know this, but I HATE the treadmill. I only got on because I'm trying to be really devoted and I knew I needed to get some mileage in. It was a really slow, hard start. Everytime I get on that thing it plays with my mind. Yesterday my calves started cramping and my left knee and quad were hurting. It took 2 miles just to warm up. I wanted to quit so bad, but I ran through it and managed to complete a little over 4 miles. Yay! That leaves less than 12 miles to run this weekend. No problem.

On another note, my beloved team lost last night. Colt really let me down and let every Longhorn fan in the world down by not being a man. He was selfish and cowardly. Anyway, so I might have had a little too much beer and sake to drown my sorrows away, but I did play some awesome hands in poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment