Monday, January 4, 2010

Case of the Mondays...

Arg! It's the first Monday of the year and I'm feeling very old today. I woke up this morning with what feels like an elephant laying on my chest, a pain in the muscle right behind my left knee and my still oh so annoying runny nose. Oy, I hate Mondays. I guess I should get used to them, cuz there's 51 left in this year and 234603453 left in my lifetime (plus or minus a few years).

But, today marks the beginning of the first week of the year and the start of my 20 miles per week resolution. Since the first 3 days were only part of a week and I did 9.5 miles, I think I'm pretty much on track so far.

And since weekends are always learning experiences, here are the things I learned this weekend:
  • Drinking red wine all night is never a good idea if you plan to do anything the next day.
  • Picking an orange up off the ground and peeling it while running will leave your hands sticky (and make you pretty annoyed at yourself for not realizing that before you do it).
  • I actually do like winter. But only for the fact that I can run during the day and don't have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn to run before it gets too hot.

1 comment:

  1. Mondays are always the worst! I got off work yesterday and had no desire to run hills but by the time I got there I was already committed and ended up having a great workout. Sometimes you just gotta push through the rough days so you can come out better in the end!

    I was cracking up at your learning experiences this weekend! LOL!

    Great job staying on track for the resolutions!

    ReplyDelete