Thursday, August 13, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

I managed to run 5 miles on Tuesday which is my longest "short" run that I've done in a long time. I always aim for 5, but usually never have the time or energy to quite get that far. According to the training schedule that I'm on (which I created by myself using Bart Yasso's recommended plan), I'm supposed to run 5 days a week. I've been slacking. Hopefully writing about it here will kick my butt into gear and I'll quit making excuses not to run. My latest excuses? Yesterday I told myself I could take the night off if I ran in the morning. This morning I convinced myself it was too dark outside to run thru the Heights - even though the sun was coming up! I actually went to the gym at lunch today with every intention of running, but alas, I had no sports bra. So now I'm SOL. It's my husband's birthday and his mother is in town tonight, so I'm sure I won't be able to get away to run today. I guess I'll just have to try again in the morning and keep my fingers crossed that another excuse won't convince me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment