Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthdays

I am still reeling in the fact that I've registered for a FULL marathon. I don't think it's really going to hit me until after my half this summer. I'm so nervous, but it's really given me the motivation I need right now to hit the streets. Tuesday was my birthday, so I worked from home and went on a casual run through the neighborhood.

 I went (quickly) window shopping down 19th street, then hit the trail down Heights. The weather was perfectly cool with a slight wind. I brought my phone along to take a few pictures with. I know lots of people do this and I like the idea, but where do you carry your phone? My tiny ipod shuffle is just the perfect size to clip on my shirt, but my phone is a little bulky for a run.

I know you can't see it very well, but that's what I love about this picture. This is one of my favorite houses on Heights Blvd. Views like this really make the run so scenic and really make me love living here.

For my birthday I got some great running gifts from Hubby. He said this was going to be "Year of the Running" so he is doing everything he can to help me succeed. I won't tell you what I got yet, but all will be revealed in due time. :)

Happy Running! (Oh, and you can now watch my training progress over on the side bar. So far, I'm loving dailymile.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment