Thursday, September 29, 2011

Changes are a comin'

This week I've been sleeping in quite a bit. I think my mind is tricked. I keep reading everyone else's posts about how it's not that hot everywhere else, so my mind seems to think that it must be the same way here. Well, it's not. It's still upper 90's here and pretty miserable to be outside midday. My mind needs to remember when it's ignoring the alarm in the morning that it may be Fall everywhere else, but it definately has not come to Houston yet.

On the bright side, I have gotten to see more of the trails just outside of downtown lately. I usually only run these in the winter when it's cool enough to run during lunch. Looks like we've got some changes coming to Eleanor Tinsely Park.


Newly paved paths, perhaps? I'm not sure how I feel about it. Right now, it sucks because I'm having to avoid the dust and workers and run around the construction. But I also think putting in new concrete will loose some of the parks personality. You could really see the wear and tear from all the years of runners, walkers, hikers, bikers and everyone else who's used these trails over the last who-knows-how-many years. It gave it its rustic charm that I love so much.

It's my new Lulu shirt again. I'm telling ya, I'm addicted!
But I'm sure I'll love the newly paved park, too. I'll miss the little quirks though.

2 comments:

  1. I am split on the new paths (along Memorial and AP). On the one hand I like them (the ones they just built) because it gives me an option and I also look forward to a smoother ride in some areas, thereby reducing the chance of injury. On the other hand, concrete is tougher on the body and you are right about the character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason (because Im a misfit?) the mere site of the bulldozer makes me sad.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete