Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Toy!

Meet my new training buddy:


I'm thinking "Carla the Cannondale" - the name seems to ring well. What do you think?

Hubby got into road biking a few months ago and I just couldn't help but want to join him. I tried out the Specialized Dolce, Giant Avail and the Cannondale Synapse before deciding on this one. It's the Caad 10 5 and it's amazing. We picked her up Wednesday night and immediately joined a group for a 20 mile ride. My butt is a little sore, but I'm ready to ride her again. It's going to be tough fitting in rides with my marathon training, but I'll rise to the challenge. I figure I can manage to take her out 2-3 times a week.

I still need to get water cages for her and eventually I'll make the jump to clips, but there's time for all that. I think first order of business should be learning to fix a flat. I have a lot to learn, but I'm excited!

1 comment: