Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Terry Hershey

I had to be out on the west side of town the other afternoon and had my running stuff with me, so I thought it would be a great idea to try out a new running route.


ATP marathon training started last week, which had me running 6 days a week (holy cow!). Thursdays are easy runs, but they are the second longest of the week. I had 6 miles on the schedule so I figured I'd run 3 miles out then 3 back. The trail runs along the bayou underneath all of the roads so you never have to worry about traffic. I think the trail is around 16 miles total, but obviously I didn't see all of it.


It was a beautiful day. No clouds in the sky. Just 100 degrees and 100% humidity! I didn't really want to wait around for sunset with nothing to do, so I went ahead and started my run when I got there at 6:15pm. It was HOT!


I had to walk a few times to lower my heart rate back down, but managed to still make a pretty good time. I was definately worn out when it was over.


I went on a little shopping spree the day before and picked up this outfit from Lululemon. I'm more in love with their apparel every time I buy something. I only wish I could indulge in the entire line! This tank is amazing. I love the material and how it doesn't show sweat like some of my other tops. I'm debating getting it in another color.


Like my new BIC band? It's white and sparkley and I love it.

This ATP training is pretty tough and we just started week 2. We're building strength and trying to train our legs into running when tired. So for the first 3 weeks we are doing runs from 3 to 5 miles twice a week followed by lunges, squats, burpees, etc. After that, we'll start doing those exercises before the runs and then add in hills and sprints. I'm in for a tough 17 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment