Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas and other stuff

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I sure did - look what Santa (aka Hubby) brought me.

The new version of my Brooks shoes in RED! I saw this color when they came out and just begged for them. I'm so glad he took the hints :)

Before we left for the Christmas holidays and stuck the kids (aka doggies) in the car for 4 hours, I decided to take them out on a run. Well, the Lilly runs, but the Jager can only hang for about 1/2 a mile. Silly chihuahuas are not made for running! 

Here's the Lilly sitting pretty waiting for me to put the leash on her. She loves going out running, but I hardly ever take her. Shame on me! I really need to get her more of a harness type collar instead of a traditional one. She can slip out of this one pretty easily. We did 4.5 miles around the neighborhood and she enjoyed every second of it. Although, her long legs looked like they were just taking a nice walk whereas I was running a steady 9:50min/mile pace. I even tried to sprint with her for a quarter mile - I think she made it to a trot! Either way, it wore her out and she slept the whole drive to my parents' house.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have an older dog and I'm afraid her running days might be over. I have a little lab mix puppy though and cannot wait for her to grow up so we can go running like real runners!

    ReplyDelete