Monday, October 4, 2010

Quick Update

Sorry I've been a little MIA recently! Things over here have been extremely busy! Here's a few of bullet points to catch you up:

  • I was not feeling very good about my marathon training after my 20-miler. I mean, I knew I could do it, I just didn't think I'd be able to do it well. So I set off last Monday night for a 16 miler by myself. I haven't run any of the long distances alone and I really needed to do it to show myself I could. I rocked it! I kept an awesome pace the entire time and although I was hurting, I felt that I could have kept running after I finished the 16!
  • Last Wednesday, I attended our running group "Good Luck" party. The first group of marathoners leaves for Chicago this week, so we had a few beers to celebrate our upcoming races. People that had previously participated in the marathons we are training for got up and spoke about what to expect, do while we are there, etc. Let's just say I totally want to run Chicago, NY, and MCM now and I haven't even run my first marathon yet!
  • I took a long lunch break on Thursday to go grocery shopping for our weekend trip and to get in a run. I ran hills and felt great!
  • However, when I came back from my run, I was greeted by a garbage truck, cop car, ambulance and tow truck on our street. It was garbage day and one of the annoying cars that constantly speeds up and down our block ran smack into the back of the garbage truck while they were collecting trash. How do you not see a garbage truck!? This was the last straw from us and our neighbors and we are petitioning the city for speed bumps on our street.
  • Friday morning was another excellent training run. I hadn't done a tempo run in weeks and it felt great!
  • I spent the weekend diving, eating bbq and drinking beer. It was my last "free" weekend where I allowed myself to eat bad food and drink. No more ding dongs for breakfast!
  • 2 more weeks till my marathon! I'm getting excited!

2 comments:

  1. Two weeks!! :) Sounds like you have been rocking your runs! And congrats on the solo 16, that is great that were able to do that!

    A couple of bloggers are trying to plan a breakfast meet-up on the Monday Oct 18 - let me know if you would like to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your last long run...you are going to do awesome at the marathon. Oh, and the need for speed bumps in your neighborhood? That's actually kind of sad that people drive like that but definitely sounds like you need them!

    ReplyDelete