Thursday, August 25, 2011

ATP Week 6

I'm not sure how it happened, but I seem to have miscounted my ATP weeks. I'll blame it on the stress of life and my inability to count (wait, I'm an engineer?!). Anyways, last week was ATP Week 6 and the last week of our Prep routine. This week we started the hard core stuff, but I'll get to that later. Here's how last week went down:

Monday: PREP + 6 miles Slept in and did 4 miles on my own in the afternoon Texas heat
Tuesday: 4 Miles 12 Mile bike (Hubby upgraded to clips so we had to get some practice in)
Wednesday: PREP + 6 miles, 22 mile bike
Thursday: 5 Miles Too sore from Wednesday's workouts - rest
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 10 Mile long run
Sunday: 4 Miles 8 mile bike ride to and from Crossfit

So the week didn't go exactly as planned, but there were definately some quality workouts in there. That Crossfit workout was a little more hard core than I had planned on - especially since ATP started the GSTs the next day. What are GSTs you ask? I'll get into more of it when I recap this week but stands for "general strength training" aka "workout from hell". Our coach said she wanted to see at least 3 of us puke the first day, and I was definately almost one of them!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment