Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm Still Alive

Surprisingly, I'm still here. It's been a while since my last post, but a lot of things have happened since then too. I took off almost 3 whole weeks from running - although running might have made me feel better with everything going on, I just couldn't do it. My energy was completely drained and all I did was sleep and worry. Things are much better now and I've been running my way back into shape. There are less than 4 weeks till the Houston Half and I'm sooooo not ready! Every time I attempt longer miles, something in the ball of my foot flares up and I can't walk for a few days. It's killing me cuz my body wants to do it, my foot just won't let me. I'm gonna give it another few days rest and try it again before Christmas. I really want to do well on the next race, but I also can't risk being injured. :(

On a happy note, half marathon #4 is on the calender: Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon on July 18th! I've never been to Napa before, so I'm really excited to run it as my first trip. The race is listed as being one of the most scenic and having one of the best after parties. Wine tastings here I come! The hubby will be spending most of June in South Africa for the World Cup, so I'm doing this trip (and run!) with a friend from Cali. I'm so excited and having trouble deciding where to spend my time - all in Napa or split the time between Napa and San Fransisco (never been there either!).

No comments:

Post a Comment